We service your area and were ready to provide you the best swimming pool, spa, and fountain service this summer. Aren’t you tired of looking at that dirty pool? Let our certified professionals take care of your pool service this summer. Request a free service bid today! LA Pool Guys specializes in commercial and residential swimming pool service, spa service and fountain service in Los Angeles, Orange County, Lancaster, Palmdale, Pasadena, Long Beach Huntington Beach, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Hollywood, Beverly Hills …. well, you get the idea =)
LA Pool Guys was interviewed about professional pool services on Southern California Homes, a top website for Los Angeles County and Orange County houses: “5 Tips on Swimming Pool Cleaning and Repair.”
LA Pool Guys interview with Souther California Homes
Tell us a little bit about your experience, company history and the services you offer.
LA Pool Guys is the leading swimming pool, spa, and fountain service and repair company in Los Angeles County and Orange County, Long Beach, Pasadena and surrounding areas. LA Pool Guys has been providing its professional swimming pool, spa, and fountain services since 2001. We specialize in commercial and residential swimming pool service, and we offer full-service weekly pool service plans to ensure proper professionals pool service maintenance and chemical balance.
Why do swimming pools need regular maintenance?
To sum it up, a pool without proper filtration equipment and chemical balance a swimming pool is basically a bath tub. No one would ever get in a bathtub after 30 people have been in it! Swimming pools need regular maintenance for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Proper chemical balance needs to be maintained to ensure longer equipment life
- To avoid skin/eye irritation
- Extended plaster life
- Pool filtration systems do a lot of the work, but it takes chemistry to maintain a balance water system
- Proper sanitation will eliminate dangerous pathogens and microorganisms from infecting pool users
- Improper balance leads to cloudy water
What are the main things that should be done during a standard swimming pool service and how often should they be done
- The Los Angeles Health Department has a checklist of the items that it requires pool service technicians to fill out each time they provide pool service at a commercial property in Los Angeles County. This checklist includes basic chemical motoring (chlorine, acid, alkalinity, PH, calcium, stabilizer once a month, pressure, clarity and chemicals added).
- Although this is not required for residential swimming pools, LA Pool Guys has adopted this log sheet system for all of our swimming pools, spas and fountains that we service commercial or residential in Los Angeles and Orange County.
- Other duties each visit include vacuuming, backwashing and cleaning the pool filter as needed, emptying all of the pump and skimmer baskets, brushing the pool walls and tile and skimming the water surface. Phosphate, algae treatments and TDS (total dissolved solids) tests result in pool and spa draining or special treatments and are all part of LA Pool Guys customer care preventative maintenance program. Phosphate levels and TDS levels are tested twice per year for our entire portfolio and more often as needed by certain swimming pools.
How can people figure out the proper chemical balance for their swimming pools
People can go down to their local pool supply store and either take a water sample in, or purchase a test kit or test strips. Test strips are very simple to read, but if you want a more extensive water analysis you should consider bringing a water sample in.
What are some of the most common repairs that are needed in the Los Angeles area?
Los Angeles is one of the best climates in the world for swimming pools. As a result people can use their pools without worry of them being closed for part of the year or “winterization.” When our busy season starts, pool heaters are first on the list of common equipment repairs. Lights, pumps, motors and filters and re-plasters are all right up there as well.
Is there anything that homeowners can do to help reduce the need for or frequency of swimming pool repairs?
- Proper pool chemical balance
- Swimming pool preventative maintenance
- Filter cleanings & backwashes (when filter pressure shows a change in pressure 5 lbs. or more)
- Never run the pool pump when the water is below the halfway point on the tile line
- Empty swimming pool pump baskets and skimmer baskets consistently
What’s the best way for people to get in contact with you and your company?
LA Pool Guys’ info is:
P: (213) 999-7665